Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waking Up, a poem by Sonny Ebsary

I love waking up, oh how I love waking up.

I can tell by the smell that it’s time to wake up, so I take a sniff of the coffee and grab some to go. I groan and I moan as I fall into the car, and I think about stopping but I figure I’ve made it this far.

I love waking, I just love waking up.

I rev up the engine and and put the pedal to the ground. And when I leave my neighborhood there is traffic abound.

It took an hour or so to get to work, and when I pulled into the office, I was cut off by some jerk.

Oh, I love that guy. I just love that guy.

When I step inside the office, my boss tells me I’m late. I tell him to have a wonderful day.

The boss says to get moving or get out of this place, so I move right along and wear my depressed angry face.

I love going to work. I just love going to work.

I sit down at my cubicle, thinking I’m not doing enough, while trying to think employed people thoughts.

Then my boss walks in with someone younger than me and tells him he’s hired. Then he steps right up to me and tells me to grab my stuff because I’m fired.

I always dreamed of being fired. I just love being fired!

I came back home angry, hurt and lonely. Only to find that I wasn’t alonely.

“You silly, silly man! This isn’t a punishment, this is a dare to make more of you, and even if that weren’t the case I’d still love you because you’re my husband, silly, silly man!”

I love my wife. Oh so much. I just love my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment